Bangladesh is the world’s fifth largest remittance recipient country, with $15.31 billion received in 2020. This accounts for around 5.9 percent of Bangladesh’s GDP and is a vital lifeline for many Bangladeshi people and families. This statistic provides an overview of remittances sent to Bangladesh as of 2020.
Table Of Content:
- Remittance(Date wise)
- Remittances to Bangladesh - Wikipedia
- Personal remittances, received (current US$) - Bangladesh | Data
- The Bangladesh Remittance Story Reaffirmed
- Personal remittances, received (% of GDP) | Data
- Migration and Remittances Data
- Bangladesh Remittances | 2012-2020 Data | 2021-2023 Forecast ...
- World Bank Predicts Sharpest Decline of Remittances in Recent ...
- Remittances data
- • Bangladesh: value of remittances 2019 | Statista
1. Remittance(Date wise)
Monthly data of Wage earner's remittance. Year/Month, Remittances. In million US dollar, In billion Taka. 2020-2021. June, 1940.81, 164.61. May, 2171.03 ...
2. Remittances to Bangladesh - Wikipedia
It was third highest recipient of remittance in South Asia in 2018 A survey on the remittance usage conducted by Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (2013) shows ...
3. Personal remittances, received (current US$) - Bangladesh | Data
Personal remittances, received (current US$) - Bangladesh from The World Bank: Data.
4. The Bangladesh Remittance Story Reaffirmed
Aug 7, 2014 ... The Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS) has just released a Survey on the Use of Remittances. The survey provides interesting update on ...
5. Personal remittances, received (% of GDP) | Data
Personal remittances, received (% of GDP) from The World Bank: Data. ... Personal remittances, paid (current US$) · Secondary income ... Bangladesh. 2020.
6. Migration and Remittances Data
Nov 16, 2017 ... The report provides a snapshot of latest statistics on immigration, emigration, skilled emigration, and remittance flows for 214 countries and ...
7. Bangladesh Remittances | 2012-2020 Data | 2021-2023 Forecast ...
Remittances in Bangladesh decreased to 2050.65 USD Million in December from 2078.74 USD Million in November of 2020. Remittances in Bangladesh ...
8. World Bank Predicts Sharpest Decline of Remittances in Recent ...
Apr 22, 2020 ... We face big challenges to help the world's poorest people and ensure that everyone sees benefits from economic growth. Data and research help ...
9. Remittances data
Jun 3, 2021 ... projected a decline in remittance flows to low and middle-income countries ( LMICs) by about 20 per cent because of the economic crisis caused ...
10. • Bangladesh: value of remittances 2019 | Statista
Mar 29, 2021 ... In 2019, the personal remittances received in Bangladesh amounted to ... Statistic: Value of remittances received in Bangladesh from 2010 to ...
What was the total amount of money transferred to Bangladesh in 2020?
In 2020, $15.31 billion was sent to Bangladesh as remittances.
How does this amount compare to the previous year?
The total amount of money transferred to Bangladesh increased by 8.4% from 2019 when $14.096 billion was sent as remittance.
How much does remittances constitute in Bangladesh's GDP?
Remittances account for around 5.9 percent on Bangladesh’s GDP in 2020.
What is the largest source country for remittances?
The United States is the largest source country for remittances with a total of $5.58 billion in 2020
Does this statistic include informal transfers?
This statistic only includes formal transfers, excluding informal transfers.
Remittances are an important source of income for many individuals and families living in Bangladesh, which can be seen through these figures showing $15.31 billion being transferred in 2020 alone - 8.4% more than 2019's figure ($14.096 billion). This information opens up a conversation on how we can further support diaspora communities who continue sending life-changing funds via formal channels back home countries like Bangladehsh.