This article explains the bank interest rates in Bangladesh. It outlines the different types of banking products available, their associated interest rates, and the factors to consider when selecting the best option for a particular situation. It also includes a section of Frequently Asked Questions and Answers for further guidance.
Table Of Content:
- Interest Rate Banks (Deposit)
- Real interest rate (%) - Bangladesh | Data
- Bangladesh Bank
- Interest Rate Caps, Relationship Lending, and Bank Competition ...
- Weighted Average Rate of Interest on Deposits and Advances
- • Bangladesh: deposit interest rates 2020 | Statista
- Bangladesh central bank keeps rates on hold as it weighs growth ...
- Bangladesh: Selected Issues; IMF Country Report No. 16/28 ...
- Bangladesh Receives $185 Million World Bank Financing for ...
- Albania, Algeria, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia ...
1. Interest Rate Banks (Deposit)
ANNOUNCED INTEREST RATE CHART Of The SCHEDULED BANKS ... DUTCH-BANGLA, 0.50-2.00, 1.00, 2.00, 2.50, 2.50, 2.50, 2.00-2.50, 2.50-3.00, 3.00- ...
2. Real interest rate (%) - Bangladesh | Data
International Monetary Fund, International Financial Statistics and data files using World Bank data on the GDP deflator. License : CC BY-4.0. LineBarMap.
3. Bangladesh Bank
The government of Bangladesh has announced the commemoration of ... Mr. Fazle Kabir Honorable Governor of Bangladesh Bank. more. ... Special Repo Rate.
4. Interest Rate Caps, Relationship Lending, and Bank Competition ...
Nov 10, 2017 ... Interest Rate Caps, Relationship Lending, and Bank Competition: Evidence from Bangladesh. Working Paper. Published on 10 November ...
5. Weighted Average Rate of Interest on Deposits and Advances
Interest Rate Spread (Overall), Interest Rate Spread (Excl. Credit Card) ... Sl No, Name of Banks, W. Avg. Deposits, W. Avg. Advances, Spread, W. Avg. ... 35, Dutch-Bangla Bank Limited, 1.68, 8.04, 6.36, 1.68, 7.94, 6.26, 1.68, 7.87, 6.19.
6. • Bangladesh: deposit interest rates 2020 | Statista
4 days ago ... In 2020, the deposit interest rates by banks in Bangladesh were at approximately 6.07 percent. This was a decrease from 2013, in which the ...
7. Bangladesh central bank keeps rates on hold as it weighs growth ...
Jul 31, 2019 ... Bangladesh's central bank left interest rates unchanged on Wednesday, with Governor Fazle Kabir saying it aimed to achieve record economic ...
8. Bangladesh: Selected Issues; IMF Country Report No. 16/28 ...
Jan 5, 2016 ... Average bank lending rates and interest rate spreads in Bangladesh are not high by international standards. Though interest rates have declined ...
9. Bangladesh Receives $185 Million World Bank Financing for ...
Aug 29, 2019 ... The government of Bangladesh today signed a $185 million ... period, and an interest rate of 1.25 percent with a service charge of 0.75 percent.
10. Albania, Algeria, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia ...
Nov 3, 2020 ... The Survey on Interest Rate Controls 2020 was conducted as a World Bank Group study on interest rate controls (IRCs) in lending and deposit ...
What is the current rate of interest offered by banks in Bangladesh?
Generally speaking, banks in Bangladesh offer fixed deposit accounts with an interest rate ranging from 0.75% to 4%, depending on the tenure and amount of deposit. Savings accounts are often offered with lesser rates of return, while investment-related products may earn higher returns up to 13.5%.
How are the interests calculated?
Interests are usually calculated either on monthly basis or daily basis and credited accordingly into the account of the customer at regular intervals such as six months or once a year.
Is there any minimum balance requirement for opening an account?
Yes, most banks require a minimum balance of between BDT 5,000 - 10,000, although some may ask for higher amounts depending on the type of product being sought after.
Are there any other fees associated with operating an account?
Most likely yes; some banks may charge maintenance fees or transactions charges upon certain transactions made from each account holder's resources. Be sure to thoroughly review your contract prior to signing it so that you will be aware of all fees applicable before doing business with them.
Are there ways to save more through banking products in Bangladesh?
Yes – many Banks offer higher returns on select products such as Upto deposits and Kishor deposits which can provide customers with greater returns than regular saving accounts without restrictions on withdrawals during desired times throughout an agreementperiod
Bank interest rates in Bangladesh vary depending on various factors such as tenure length and amount depositedinto each product type. Before committing to any banking product, be sure to check out all terms mentioned within contracts carefully along with researching what other offerings are available from different providers to ensure that potential customers get maximum value from their investment.